Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#26 Jul-08-09 4:55AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 4th of July float!

Dominion Dan wrote:

launch fee was $2 for kayaks and canoes if i recall correctly. I think it was $5 for other boats??? You just have to fill out a little form

Yep, I think it's more or less an "honor" system BUT (big BUT) I have recieved a ticket because they did check and the license # I put on the envelope didn't match that of my van (must have had extra squinty asian eyes that morning). I believe a way around this if you're launching a kayak or canoe is to launch and park in the general parking area.

#27 Jul-08-09 7:02AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I got a warning on memorial day for parking near the ramp, when I payed my launch fee, because it was for boats with trailers only.  It is 2.50 for kayaks and canoes...

#28 Jul-08-09 7:27AM

HungUpPaul

Can't make it on the 19th.  My wife informed me we'll be in NJ that weekend for a reunion. @$%#$^

#29 Jul-08-09 7:48AM

Ernie
Administrator

There will be a few more before summer ends...in October!

Time to go fishin' again!

#30 Jul-08-09 8:04AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

redskinsfan360 wrote:

I got a warning on memorial day for parking near the ramp, when I payed my launch fee, because it was for boats with trailers only.  It is 2.50 for kayaks and canoes...

I take it you're talking about the long parking spots in the middle. I think the ones to the left of the ramp (opposite where you pay) are okay to park in since I can't see a truck with a trailer fitting in those spots.

I got worried that i paid too little (I only paid $2 and told Bob he only had to pay $2 too!) so I checked it out. Might be new pricing since I vaguely remember paying $2.50 last year, but the launch fee is $2 for carryable crafts and $5 for boats with trailers

http://www.nvrpa.org/parks/algonkian/?pg=boating.html

#31 Jul-08-09 9:11AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

The warden told me 2.50 on the warning slip I received for parking in the wrong spot...

#32 Jul-08-09 10:40AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

The sign by the launch definitely said $2 for kayaks and canoes. I remember because I thought it was $5 on July 4th and I was getting a fiver out of my wallet and then Andrew said it was only $2 and then we rechecked it to confirm and the $5 was for trailer launched crafts and the canoes and kayaks was $2.

#33 Jul-08-09 11:19AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

redskinsfan360 wrote:

The warden told me 2.50 on the warning slip I received for parking in the wrong spot...

I think the warden needed 50 cents for a soda...

#34 Jul-08-09 11:40AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Dominion Dan wrote:

The sign by the launch definitely said $2 for kayaks and canoes. I remember because I thought it was $5 on July 4th and I was getting a fiver out of my wallet and then Andrew said it was only $2 and then we rechecked it to confirm and the $5 was for trailer launched crafts and the canoes and kayaks was $2.

Well it says it on my paper....its weird that they say two different things...

#35 Jul-08-09 2:36PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Sounds like miscommunication

Board footer