Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-08-09 7:16PM

BassMasterP

Fishing in Bethany Beach Delaware

Hey guys,

Have any of you had the chance to do any saltwater or freshwater fishing in Bethany Beach Delaware? 

I will be there for a week from July 17th to the 24th.  I would love to know where to surf fish or pier fish and what to go for during that season.  Is there a particular charter that you would recommend?  Is there some particular fresh water fishing nearby.

I am a river rat and don't get to do much saltwater fishing.  Any help would be great!

Paul

#2 Jun-08-09 7:28PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Fishing in Bethany Beach Delaware

Paul- I will ask around and get you some info.

In the meantime....go here:

http://www.atbeach.com/fishing.html

http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/index. … =forum;f=4

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-09-09 7:03AM

BassMasterP

Ernie,

This is a great starting point!  Thanks for the info.  I have some time to be prepared but, as you know, I will be bringing 2 little girls who are gonna want to catch fish!  So I want to have the gear and the locations all ready.  I WILL be fishing everyday there!  It wouldn't be a vacation if I didn't.

#4 Jun-09-09 7:36AM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

BassMasterP wrote:

Ernie,

This is a great starting point!  Thanks for the info.  I have some time to be prepared but, as you know, I will be bringing 2 little girls who are gonna want to catch fish!  So I want to have the gear and the locations all ready.  I WILL be fishing everyday there!  It wouldn't be a vacation if I didn't.

I've had some luck fishing the Indian River Inlet just north of Bethany.  You can access it from the main highway (connects Bethany and Rehoboth, probably R1).  Fish the tides, and there are some locals at a bait shop in Rehoboth (I forget the name) that can be helpful.

#5 Jun-09-09 8:31AM

Ernie
Administrator

Here is some info from a friend of mine that fishes Henlopen all the time:

"Henlopen, the Navy Pier...  I bet he could just soak bloodworms and catch a good amount of croakers and kingfish off the beach in front of his house. Kids that age would probably love catching skates too!! I'd avoid the pier at Henlopen unless he takes them on a weekday.  It can get rowdy...  esp for little girls.

Remind him that he needs a DE license and a FIN #.  They'll explain it to him at the local tackle shop."

Also, let me know if you want to borrow some gear....I have plenty of that stuff.

#6 Jun-09-09 9:43AM

BassMasterP

Awesome!  Good info.  I will check into it!

#7 Jun-09-09 6:17PM

Ernie
Administrator

#8 Jun-10-09 8:03AM

Ron's Outdoors

Indian river has lots of current/tide and requires some expertise at fishing an inlet in crowded conditions in my opinion . Cape Henlopen is a nice place with lots of beach and while the pier can be "rowdy" as piers often tend to be, bottom fished bloodworms squid or shrimp pieces will give up some fish for the kids on typical bottom fishing rigs with #4 hooks. Any outfit you use for bass or cat fishing would work here. Let the specialized serious guys have the big end of the pier and put your lines just outside the breakers close to the beach and you should catch something.Have fun.

#9 Jun-10-09 8:05AM

BassMasterP

I will be researching all of this info over the next month and half.  Thanks guys...keep it coming!

#10 Jun-19-09 6:33AM

Ernie
Administrator

Capt. Mike just told me that  you should fish the Indian River Inlet at dawn and dusk. Use big jigs and Manns Stingray Grub in white, green or red tails ( Iahev some if you need 'em). He also noted that red Head jigs work best and to move it fast as the rocks walls will eat them up (but not too fast).

Board footer