Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-08-09 1:40PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Algonkian

I know it's short notice, but I am looking for a partner tomorrow.  The plan is to motor up to goose creek and fish into it and then go from there.  It is a 16ft duck hunting boat set up for fishing also with a 30hp.  It takes 10min to get from Algonkian to Goose creek.

I want to be on the water by 6 or 7 and off by 12.

Last edited by redskinsfan360 (Jun-08-09 1:43PM)

#2 Jun-08-09 2:54PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Algonkian

Might want to check out that water first. It is high, muddy and swift. We just canceled the fishing portion of the Powhatan District Cub Scout Summer Camp due to the water conditions.

If you do go, make sure you wear your life jacket and be very careful.

Charlie NHBA.......

Charlie NHBA.........

#3 Jun-08-09 3:32PM

Ernie
Administrator

Charlie NHBA wrote:

Might want to check out that water first. It is high, muddy and swift. If you do go, make sure you wear your life jacket and be very careful.

Ditto....river down in DC area is still fast and muddy!

Point of Rocks is just below 6

http://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrog … ,1,1,1,1,1

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jun-08-09 5:19PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

I just came back from a bike ride on the C&O trail. The water at White's Ferry was off color but just a few miles up it was like chocolate milk. Does the river naturally clean up the water downstream or is this what the water will look like soon there as well?

#5 Jun-08-09 6:19PM

Ernie
Administrator

It cleans up as the water recedes but I think it will be a while before we get some green!

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Jun-09-09 6:06AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Was going to go, but then I woke up to rain which is just going to create a ton of debris in the water.

#7 Jun-10-09 4:18PM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Paul Naj wrote:

I just came back from a bike ride on the C&O trail. The water at White's Ferry was off color but just a few miles up it was like chocolate milk. Does the river naturally clean up the water downstream or is this what the water will look like soon there as well?

When you go up river from Whites ferry the main channel is on the VA side. You were probably looking at the other (MD) side of the island which gets less water into it. Past that you also get water coming out of Dickerson power plant up there which can be a different color. And just above that you have the Monacacy (spelling?) river flowing in.

smile

Board footer