Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-07-09 3:53PM

buzzbait

Ashburn Farm - Windmill Pond

Took Curly's advice and tried Windmill pond out.  Went at the worst time of day, about 1:00 in full sun, so I expected to catch nothing.  Threw a terminator spinner bait to cover some water and cut through the stain, caught a couple punks.  Good stuff, small but something is better than nothing.  Will hit it at a better time of day to see if I can pull anything with any size.

Going to hit chokeberry pond off of Hay road too at some point, see what gives there.  Did see about a 6lb goldfish........I could always try and set the pacemaker record for biggest goldie.....have to figure out what they bite on.  Only time I've nabbed a goldfish was by throwing a ping pong ball into a fishbowl at the county fair..

#2 Jun-07-09 4:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Ashburn Farm - Windmill Pond

buzzbait wrote:

Only time I've nabbed a goldfish was by throwing a ping pong ball into a fishbowl at the county fair..

That's good! big_smilebig_smile

Those are probably Koi....I hear they take bread on small hooks. A friend of mine said you have to but the bait right in front of them as they are blind as a bat!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-07-09 4:27PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

Which pond on Hay Road is Chokeberry?  The one next to the Ashburn Library?  I fished that a couple of years ago and came up with nada.

#4 Jun-10-09 6:01PM

buzzbait

Sorry for the late response....work is killing me.  The pond right next to the library is Breezy Hill, i threw some live bait out there to see if there were any fish at all.  Caught a couple little rock bass.......which usually isn't a good sign.  Rock Bass are tougher than bluegill, bass, and crappie.....and in my experience bad ponds have bigger populations of these fish.  That pond gets a lot of run off, and I've hear there have been a couple fish kills because of it.  I did see a big gold fish in there though........   Gold fish must be the ashburn farm ponds mascot.

Chokeberry is a smaller pond a block south of the library pond.  I'm told it has fish, but haven't been there yet.  Wondering if purpleworm has ever hit these waters since he's fished everything under the sun around here.....?

#5 Jun-11-09 4:31PM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

If it's the pond just off Clayborne, then it definitely does have fish . . . I've fished it for years.  Doesn't hold too many big LMB, but it can be fun when you have just a little time to fish.  Best spots are by the spillway and the big weeping willow.  Because it's on the small side, it does tend to get weed choked later in the summer.

#6 Jul-16-09 4:11PM

buzzbait

Fished windmill pond a few times since last post.  I've caught a few each time I hit the pond, mainly on spinnerbaits or buzzing the heck out of it.  All small with nothing hitting two pounds.  Had one hammer a mouse and pull drag but lost him in the reeds and didn't get a look, was certainly over 2 pounds but thats the only hint I've rec'd of size in that pond.  Very choked with weeds and seems shallow too..  Lots of snapping turtles though.....big ones.  If I keep hitting these small bass all year I might have to focus on a turtle soup dinner for kicks..............or go back to the other side of town hunting for the ashburn goldfish record.

An invite to the villiage one day would be nice........big_smile

#7 Jul-16-09 4:21PM

Ernie
Administrator

You are certifiable.......

Email me when you want to stop by....I fish a few evenings. I need the advnce notice so I can tell the turles to go hide!

Time to go fishin' again!

#8 Jul-22-09 5:39PM

buzzbait

Thanks for the invite, I do really appreciate that.  I will certainly take you up on that sometime in the near future.  I'll email you prior to check availability and will make sure the Villiage turtles are not harmed........

Board footer