Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-03-09 8:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

Port Aransas TX weekend

For those of you that have been reading Fishing Expeditions for a while, you will recognize my Brother In Law, Dennis Morreale......

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/1-8.jpg

.....as he always has this smile on his face when he is fishing!

He and two buddies went out of Port Aransas TX on the Gulf Coast. From what I heard, "it was a great!" The the guys had a fun time and caught fish....it looks like puppy drum, black drum and speckled trout!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/2-9.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jun-03-09 10:12PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Port Aransas TX weekend

Catching some redfish is something I will do before I die. They seem like a blast and apparently you can catch them on a bunch of different largemouth baits.

#3 Jun-04-09 4:55AM

Ernie
Administrator

I've caught some but not the big ones. Lots of fun! Caught a 5 pound one on my kayak....very nice for sure!

#4 Jun-04-09 6:24AM

doberdog1

That is another goal of mine, to catch a huge redfish in LA, like on tv.  I cought a 15 " and boy did it fight .  Carl thought it was a sting ray in the beginning.

Fishing rocks,
Mo

#5 Jun-04-09 12:08PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Dominion Dan wrote:

Catching some redfish is something I will do before I die. They seem like a blast and apparently you can catch them on a bunch of different largemouth baits.

There is a group of fisherman who catch both LGMouth and spot tail croaker on the same lures each year at a place called the Pointe on Labor Day weekend. A great group of fisherman attend it. Perhaps you will join us?

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#6 Jun-04-09 12:56PM

Ernie
Administrator

captmikestarrett wrote:

There is a group of fisherman who catch both LGMouth and spot tail croaker on the same lures each year at a place called the Pointe on Labor Day weekend. A great group of fisherman attend it. Perhaps you will join us?

Capt Mike

I know this much...it's on my calendar this year!

#7 Jun-04-09 5:34PM

doberdog1

ernie you have to tell me about that.
Mo

#8 Jun-04-09 6:43PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Let me add that the entire weekend is hosted by me at my house on the Piankatank River, My cook only requires a small fee to feed the troops. Other than that you will fish both salt and tanic freshwater for so many types of fish you could only imagine.

Fish Friday thru Monday and I will feed you and provide a place to rest your head,

Capt Mike

#9 Jun-04-09 8:44PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Having attended many of these expeditions in the past, I can attest to the fact that you will never have a greater time than you would have on this trip.

We normally arrive on Friday morning and head up into a freshwater/brackish swamp and fish for bass. While fishing for bass, it is not unusual to catch redfish, striper, carp, bowfin, huge bluegill, white & yellow perch and big pickerel. A general smorgasord of fish species.....some of them huge.

At noon we head back to the Pointe for a great spread for lunch. Afterwards, it is back to the swamp for more fishing. Once we return to the Pointe for dinner, we normally fish from the dock for spot and croaker while the cook is preparing the meal.  After dinner, we generally pile into the boats and head out in the Piankatank toward the Bay and fish for croaker, sea trout, spot and flounder. On the way back after dark, we hit various lighted docks and catch stripers on topwater baits.

Each subsequent day is a repeat of the preceding day....with different results and larger or smaller fish. In perhaps six or seven such trips, I have never been disappointed. It is always a hoot.

And if you have never spent any time with Captain Mike, you owe it to yourself to make the trip and find out just what FUN is.

Charlie NHBA.......

Charlie NHBA.........

#10 Jun-05-09 1:09AM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Capt Mike, that's awesome that you have a house on the Piankatank. That river is probably my favorite place to fish in Virginia. I was actually out there just a couple weeks ago and posted about the trip under 'Tidewater/Upper Potomac'. I didn't want to advertise it, but I guess now the secret's out smile Do you guide there as well? I hope to get back down there again sometime soon, throwing a plastic frog back in the Dragon is a magical experience.

Last edited by purpleworm (Jun-05-09 1:49AM)

#11 Jun-05-09 6:29AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

purpleworm wrote:

Capt Mike, that's awesome that you have a house on the Piankatank. That river is probably my favorite place to fish in Virginia. I was actually out there just a couple weeks ago and posted about the trip under 'Tidewater/Upper Potomac'. I didn't want to advertise it, but I guess now the secret's out smile Do you guide there as well? I hope to get back down there again sometime soon, throwing a plastic frog back in the Dragon is a magical experience.

Yes I offer weekend getaways at Starrett Pointe. Two full days of fishing and meals included.

Unfortunitly I got this article printed in the VA Wildlife mag two years ago and the bass fisherman crowded the area. Locals blame me for letting the secret out.

But they are nicer to me now.

Capt Mike

Board footer