Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-08-09 6:20PM

skvan

Heron Pond 5/8

Went there tonight and struck out, but had a load of bites. I was trying for the first time really just to fish with a gulp soft plastic bloodworm, tried rigged both wacky and weedless on a  hook , had an unbelievable amount of bites but wasn't able to hook any of them. I think my technique for fishing like this must be wrong somehow so if anyone feel kind enough to give me some tips it would be really cool because as if I had landed even half of the bites I got it would have been an awesome session.

Skvan

#2 May-08-09 7:08PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Heron Pond 5/8

A lot of the bites could have been bluegill which will grab it and run but don't necessarily have the mouth size to get the hook inside.

If they are bass bites. You gotta wait. Wait after the first bump and then watch your line. Once the line has moved a little bit and you have taken in the slack, go nuts with what I like to call a "violent hook set". Patience is key.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#3 May-09-09 9:10AM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

I agree . . . I've also noticed alot of knocking around of my soft plastic lures, and serveral times ahve actually managed to hook the bluegill . . . when it's a LMB, you'll definitely notice a much harder bumb.

#4 May-10-09 12:32PM

skvan

Thanks for the tips foks. Been out and bought some small circle hooks to try next time I try fishing like this.

Skvan

#5 May-10-09 1:33PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I use a circle hook also.  I switched from a strait hook and I have caught more  fish..sometimes without even setting the hook!

Board footer