Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-05-09 7:47PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Our New Buddy

My girlfriend Jen and I have been doing some volunteer work for the Labrador Retriever Rescue of the Potomac. We have been a foster home for dogs that are waiting to be adopted. We take a dog into our house, socialize them with our Lab and observe his or her personality so that we can share details with potential adopters. The goal is to find the right permanent home for the dogs by matching their personality with the new owners situation. In addition we help Lab Rescue by saving them the cost of boarding the dog and it keeps the dogs from being in a cage for an extended period of time.

We had two successful placements. The first one was an awesome 5 year old yellow lab that is now living on a 12 acre horse farm on the western shore of MD and the second a young black lab mix that is now with a nice young couple.

A little over a week ago we took in our 3rd dog, a beautiful young Chocolate that's approximately a year old. He came in as a stray from Southern VA. He appeared to be a good dog right away but clearly spent a lot of time outdoors since his is light brown, showing signs of sun bleaching and he seemed confused at things in the house like stairs and the TV. He peed in the house on the first night, didn't walk very well on a leash, and didn't know his basic commands but he immediately got a long with our 4 year old Chocolate Lab Bruin.

Well after a couple of short days he was walking beautifully on leash, sitting like a champ, no longer confused by the TV and passing cars and has won a place in our home. We adopted him ourselves.

It took us a while to come up with a name but after much debate we had a short list of Bay, Chessie (short for Chesapeake) and Fisher. In the end Jen and I agreed on Fisher. With 2 dogs and 2 cats in a small townhome, we're out of the fostering business, but still help Lab Rescue by transporting dogs, handling dogs at adoption events, etc. They are an awesome group of dedicated animal lovers who have saved many dogs and helped many families find their new pets. If you guys know anyone looking for a Lab, I encourage you to send them to lab-rescue.com. Unless they're looking for a young puppy, a hunting dog from a proven lineage or show dog, it's a great way to find a new companion.

Here's Fisher:

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk211/pnajdzin/Hershey/IMG_2963.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk211/pnajdzin/Hershey/IMG_2970.jpg

Last edited by Paul Naj (Apr-05-09 7:48PM)

#2 Apr-06-09 4:38AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Our New Buddy

Very handsome.

smile

#3 Apr-06-09 7:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Our New Buddy

Very nice.....

I had he pleasure of fishing with Summer, Carl's dog. She rules over Carl but did great on the boat!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer