Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-04-08 5:42PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Fishing Club Meeting, Tuesday, December 9th

There will be a fishing club meeting on Tuesday, December 9th at 4 00 pm in room 115.  We will be learning, hands on, about knot tying from Bob Forbes.  Please do not miss this meeting.

#2 Dec-09-08 5:09PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Fishing Club Meeting, Tuesday, December 9th

MEETING MINUTES- 12/09/08

I am going to start writing up meeting minutes for every club meeting so that I do not have to individually tell people what they missed when they asked me.

We had our first guest speaker today after school from 4 00pm to 5 00pm.  Bob Forbes came with his friend Tim Lightfoot who are both members of the Potomac River Smallmouth Club.  They showed us how to tie many different knots and when to tie them.  They both fish for largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, striper, cats, shad, and many other species of fish.

-Line Types and Uses - Braid, Mono, and Fluorocarbon
-Knots for line types-hooks/lures to lines
    Palomar, good for all types of line including braid.  Use scissors to cut braid, nail clippers to cut mono and fluro
    Improved Clinch, do NOT use for braid, strong knot, easy to tie
-Tying lines together-all types of line, Double Uni Knot
-Loops for lines
    Simple Loop, 3 to 5 twists, can use as dropper or snelled hook
    Dropper Loop-use for dropper
    Non Slip Loop- loop for lure to wiggle, use in place of snap swivel

Web Sites
-www.netknots.com
-www.weather.com, for sky conditions, wind, etc.
-www.fletchersboathouse.com, for tides and river level in Potomac River to Chain Bridge
-www.fletcherscove.com, for up to date fishing report at fletchers
-water data.usgs.gov/va/nwis/current/?type=flow

Thank you Bob and Tim for a great meeting and we would love for you to join us anytime at any of our outings or meetings!

Club News
-Next Meeting- January 8th, 2009, 4 00 pm, Charlie Taylor will be coming to speak to us to start off the new year...please plan to attend!
-Coupons- I have tons of Dick's coupons that expire at the end of the year, so please send me and email if you would like some.
-B.A.S.S.- Please let me know asap if you are planning to join!!!
-Rod Building- I brought this up a while ago.  I have received lots of discounts on materials..please let me know if you would like to participate by the end of the month!!!
-Fundraising-  We talked about this a couple meeting ago.  We do not collect dues therefore we do not have any money.  If you would like to help earn money for the club so we can do things for club (buy fishing gear to raffle at meetings, buy attire for the club, buy charter boats, etc.) let me know.  There are lots of programs with restaurants (fishing club night where a percentage of sales goes to us).
-New Members- We are always accepting new members, so bring your friends.  Griffin Murphy brought his friend Jake Rausher and he his now a member of the BRHS Fishing Club.  Welcome Jake and thank you Griffin!  We are now up to 24 members!

Board footer