Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-22-24 6:45AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Does anyone else do laser engraving here?

I got into this last year when contemplating how to build a retirement gift for a good friend.  He was in charge of Naval Aviation RDT&E for rotary, so I got this H60 rotor blade and mounted it and wanted a cool engraving instead of a plaque.  I ended up getting a laser engraver and it is awesome.  I did some test runs on cardboard and I couldn't believe how detailed it was.  Here is a short video of it engraving the rotor blade.  I'm planning on engraving all my tools and whatever else just for fun.  I am also considering getting a hand held for engraving on anything not portable (like catalytic converters, wall plates, or anything else).

http://i.imgur.com/MBxQp0Q.mp4

#2 Feb-22-24 7:02AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Does anyone else do laser engraving here?

Have never even thought about it but that is way cool! Now...the wheels are turning.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Feb-22-24 8:57AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie wrote:

Have never even thought about it but that is way cool! Now...the wheels are turning.

It's really cool ernie!  you can engrave anything.....my practice runs on wood and cardboard produced incredible detail.  And, it's really affordable to get into.  I considered creating my own tag of sorts and doing all my hand tools or parts of a weapon/knife.  As long as it's a flat surface this is great.  They also have setups for round objects like glassware or tumblers (youtube it).  Software is a totally different area....a lot of people subscribe to a $60 annual software license for lightburn which is easy to use.

#4 Feb-22-24 10:02AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Sweet!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer