Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-09-24 8:56AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

I'm back guys!

It's been a little bit, but I've had a lot going on in life.  Lost my dad this past fall and it killed my appetite and motivation.  Been also studying for my certification in PMP and just struggling to get out of bed sometimes.  As of last week, I took my exam and passed it with above target scores in all categories.  I'm shopping for a new kayak since I've lost confidence in my feelfree lure and the winter projects are back on starting with cleaning, organizing and painting my garage.  I've been realizing how good my life is and how grateful I should be for what I have and not what I lost or don't have.  It's better than most I realize....I guess I've been nose to the grind for so long that I just never recognized how far I had come.  With that said....I'm glad to be back and hope to be able to spend time with you all this year doing some fishing.  ps. shout out to comeonfish for helping me get out of my funk.  I saw his videos recently on youtube and it just made me smile and ignited the fire to get back out there!  Paul

#2 Feb-09-24 9:39AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: I'm back guys!

That the ticket!  Welcome back!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Feb-09-24 9:51AM

Ernie
Administrator

Paul, sorry to hear about your dad.

But congrats on the PMP.

Being a little older, I get to look back from time to time and am proud of my past. Not all has been roses and lilacs but for the most part I am most grateful. I often wonder what my life would have been like if my dad hadn't had the guts to bring the the US, loosing everything that he had in Cuba. With 4 kids, he took 3 jobs and studied to get his law degree (the one from Cuba did not work here). Seeing that, it reminded me that most of what I go through pales to his effort. It makes it easier for me to always keep moving forward.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Feb-09-24 5:10PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Condolences on the loss of your father.  I lost my father last June.  It was for the best because he was 91, in hospice and his dementia because Alzheimers and he was going down fast.  Fortunately, I got to see him a month before he passed.  He wanted to stay in CA so I've been traveling out there every 2-3 months.

Retired a year and a half ago and have not had a moments rest.  Started with my son getting into an extreme skiing accident and going out to Denver for 3 weeks helping him rehab.  He's 99% now and back to skiing.

Being off work, busy, helping family has made me only realize how blessed I am to have been able to be there for them and have a good support base of friends who I can talk (vent) off of.

I have extra kayaks, a canoe and hoping soon to have a jet.  You need some time with the guys to get off the funk, gimme a shout.  We'll fish, throw some lead at paper, or go sweat on a trail. 

Semper Fi!

#5 Feb-11-24 7:00AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Thanks guys!  I get my new kayak in a couple weeks.  I'm giving away my feelfree to a deserving fisherman. It's amazing the struggles people have gone through....it honestly gives me pause for a fresh perspective.   Semper fi!

Board footer