Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan-01-24 11:35AM

Ernie
Administrator

Pacemaker Fishing Forum

I've made the decision to let my domain name lapse when the next renewal contract is due on 12-20-2026.

Until then, I'll continue paying the hosting service so that everything remains static.

Enjoy it while we still have it.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jan-03-24 5:35PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Re: Pacemaker Fishing Forum

It’s been a good run Ernie! Thanks for all you have done to foster this community!

#3 Jan-04-24 4:29AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Thank you for allowing us to participate in your site!  It is a great resource and place to post reports.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Jan-04-24 7:39AM

Ernie
Administrator

Redfish12 wrote:

It’s been a good run Ernie! Thanks for all you have done to foster this community!

Thanks Michael!

When I think back to the beginning, I'm amazed as to how many folks have come to the site and contributed to this fairly localized site. And many of them (those that I didn't know prior) I now consider friends. 

These type of  fishing forums are a dying breed but it's been a fun run! Now, everyone has a YT channel or uses Facebook/Instagram. Although I sometimes find them to be informative, they are one way. Harder to engage on those platform as they are open to everyone. Plus, the content just disappears after some time with all of the other noise. Posting pics is a royal PIA on this antiquated platform. I think that's one of the reasons lots of folks don't use it anymore. Unlike today's social media platforms, I never made a cent and didn't even allow paid advertising. If a guide or lure maker wanted to post, go for it. We all won at the end.

Back in the day, the 1st fishing forum I joined and participated in was the Potomac River Anglers Club (PRAC). I met some amazing people there, some are good friends today. That forum focused on the Potomac River, mostly below the 301 bridge. This is where I learned (and FAILED miserably) how to troll. lol I could do it in DC waters with the Rebel Jointed Minnow but I was terrible at pulling stretches, tandems, umbrella rigs and the like. tongue

#5 Jan-04-24 9:14AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Don't blame you a bit and I'm grateful to still have this resource for the next couple years. The slow death of message boards makes me sad. I will always prefer this format to social media but it seems few people agree with us.

tight lines

#6 Jan-04-24 9:34AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Thx for the effort these past years.  Been fun following everyone's fishing adventures.

Tight lines

#7 Jan-04-24 10:07AM

Ernie
Administrator

Bryan wrote:

I will always prefer this format to social media but it seems few people agree with us.

That's exactly where I am at. Well sated.

#8 Jan-04-24 1:53PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

This makes me sad.  Your Forum has been a big part of my fishing life for nearly 20 years.  I know there is only a handful of us left that post.  I've always enjoyed going back through the previous year's posts to relive old memories........like when we almost sank the boat at the CBBT big_smile .  I understand your decision, but just maybe you might reconsider before it expires.

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#9 Jan-04-24 2:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly wrote:

This makes me sad.  Your Forum has been a big part of my fishing life for nearly 20 years.  I know there is only a handful of us left that post.  I've always enjoyed going back through the previous year's posts to relive old memories

This is a good argument...you must have talked to your daughter! lol

Curly wrote:

...like when we almost sank the boat at the CBBT

Yikes!! An experience that I will never forget!

https://i.imgur.com/qDg06Lo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/A1EXE7t.jpg

Curly wrote:

but just maybe you might reconsider before it expires.

I remember almost pulling the plug in '21 when it was time to renew.  We'll do a sanity check in the fall of '26.

#10 Jan-04-24 2:41PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Great points, Curly!  Lots of memories in these pages.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#11 Jan-05-24 4:03AM

Bruce
Northern Snakehead

Ernie,
Very sorry to hear that Pacemaker may go away. As I age and the body's aches and pains increase, it is not as easy to get out and fish, but your forum has allowed me to enjoy the sport of local fishing vicariously through the stories you and others have posted. Your forum is often the highlight of my day so I will miss it. But what won't go away is the friendship you have provided to me and to so many others. Keep fishing...keeping smiling...and keep being the friend of so many of us.
Bruce

#12 Feb-12-24 9:12AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

As I am catching up on these threads....I came across this bit of sad news. 

Ernie, I honestly couldn't be prouder of a single website that I was a member of more than pacemakerfishing forum.  I can't tell you how many people I've told about what a great place it is for the locals to share in their experiences.  I've met some of you in person and shared some of my own experiences and overall I've really enjoyed being a part of this group.  If anything, it's been a place of happiness in my view.  I can always count on you guys to put a smile on my face as I live vicariously through your experiences.  Cheers to a success developed, presented and sustained by one guy....Ernie!

#13 Feb-12-24 5:16PM

dave
Northern Snakehead

I would maybe guess that one of you younger folk, (no offense Ernesto) may consider keeping pacemakerfishing.com going?  Or are all of us, "not younger folk"?

Board footer