Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-06-23 7:44AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Another Morning Shore Outing 7/6/23

Woke up at 4am and was having a hard time getting back to sleep, so I thought I would try the fishing.  I saw there was a clear sky and bright moon, so was not sure how it would go.  Fished from just after 5am until 7am.   It was dark at first and I got no bites on topwater. 

https://i.imgur.com/1Mom65L.jpg

I switched to the big TRD rig and after a few casts, hooked a decent fish about 15-16 inches.  A few casts later I hooked one a little smaller.  Then one around 16 inches maybe.  The fish were not really blowing up like a couple of weeks ago. 

Bite slowed and then I hooked a bigger one.  It put up a good fight and it was probably between 17.5 and 18 inches.  I took a picture, but the fish was a little beat up and tired, so not posting it.  It was blind in one eye and had a little chunk missing off of one gill plate.  I let it get a good breath in the current and it swam off strong.  Bite was slower.  I tried the little popper again, but nada.  I then went back to the TRD and caught one more smaller fish.  I tried the little fluke on the hover rig, but the bite was over.  I did miss one fish that busted when I was switching poles.

Nice sunrise.  Water had floating blobs and some grass, but was pretty clear.  Walking back to the car, I heard something rustle in the trees by the river,  I looked over and there was a mama racoon and her 2 large babies.  They had scampered part way up 2 trees and she was just giving me a stare down.   Cool way to end the getaway.

Last edited by drxfish (Jul-06-23 7:45AM)

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Jul-06-23 3:27PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Another Morning Shore Outing 7/6/23

Sounds like another nice early morning outing. Congrats!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer